Tuesday, June 15, 2010

"Eyes Peer From the Undergrowth..."


 Open the book, walk through the page, and never look back....that is how I felt when beginning this book. Mr. Gaiman has exquisitely taken us on a journey to safely pass through a fairytale. Mr. Vess (illustrator) has manifested this world for us to journey through as the pages flip past us. Before we know it, we are safely home...or safely making a home....or safely resting.....
I love this book....Fairy tales sparked my love for literature when I was very young. Left with the tattered page books that were hand-me-downs from my older siblings, my imagination was the only thing to take me on my travels. In the finely crafted picture book by Neil Gaiman and illustrated by Charles Vess the "fairy tale world" is brought to life and made for us to enjoy as never before. For young and old alike this title is perfect for storytimes for groups of children or for a cozy storytime between parent and child. I recommend this title to book lovers everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment