Saturday, July 31, 2010

Happy Birthday Harry Potter

Those of you who know me, know that I am the ultimate Harry Potter fan. It began long ago on a comfy emerald green rocking chair...cool fall weather, sitting at the open window,  legs curled up underneath me with thick fuzzy socks on, and the precious first book in my hands. I never thought the journey would lead me to here. The boy wizard took me with him to start on his adventures that day and I've never been the same since. My eyes opened up to a whole new world and my imagination was expanded tenfold. As I begin re-reading the Harry Potter series every fall (in tribute to when I first began reading it), I explore new places and find new nooks and cranny's to crawl into as I take the adventure once again. Much of my personality reflects my love of this magical world and I wouldn't have it any other way. Thank you J.K. Rowling for the most awesome adventure of my life in literature. I hope that many generations after ours continue to love the series and hold it in the status that this generation does today! Happy Birthday Harry Potter and Happy Birthday J.K. Rowling. 
Love,
Michelle (who still waits patiently for the owl with my Hogwarts letter)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment